If you want to improve your lifestyle through relaxation, fitness or meeting new friends, Exeter Golf and Country Club is the place for you.
Exeter Golf and Country Club has long featured as one of Exeter’s most prominent establishments. We have in the region of 5,000 members who play golf, squash, tennis or racketball, use the gym and fitness classes, swim in our indoor and outdoor heated pools or simply relax with friends over a drink or a bite to eat.
We have a Member Benefits Scheme providing our members with exclusive offers at local businesses.
We are and always will be a members’ club at heart. Our members are shareholders and our board of directors and committees are made up of members who volunteer to help improve the club.
Always evolving to make the most of our history while striding forward for the future, our mission is to provide ‘your perfect day, every day’, whether you visit for sport, fitness, food or our award-winning spa.
Since opening in 1895, Exeter Golf and Country Club has been a ‘home from home’ for thousands of members for sports, fitness and leisure time.
With over 121 years creating memories to last a lifetime, we now offer so much more than just golf. Club members swim in our heated pools, get fit in the gym, play tennis or squash and enjoy precious time with family and friends. Our award-winning Wear Park Spa and Restaurant is open to everyone – you don’t have to be a member, but you get ‘mates rates’ if you are!
If you want to improve your lifestyle through relaxation, fitness or meeting new friends, Exeter Golf and Country Club is the place for you. Thanks to our 120 acre golf course and Georgian manor house, you’ll even feel like you’re in a country retreat, yet just minutes from Exeter city centre.
Our Green Credentials
- No plastic consumables on site. Reusable takeaway cups and bottles promoted instead with paper straws, wooden stirrers, cutlery etc, water fountains replaced to easy fill bottles.
- Zero to landfill waste management programme implemented and now in place throughout the club
- 85% of lighting replaced with energy-saving LED light fittings to reduce electricity usage.
- Eco-wall constructed from logs and pallets to encourage wildlife over the winter, creating bug hotels
- Bird nesting boxes programme
- Hedgerow management programme
- Multiple new water features developed on the golf course which attracts more wildlife, especially a wider variety of birds
- Native tree planting to replace decaying trees and hedges
- Leading member of Food and Drink Devon with a commitment to sourcing and using local and sustainable produce – provenance is key as we like to share where our ingredients come from
- We also use Borehole water for the golf course irrigation and treated borehole water in the pools.
- Recently doubled the number of bike racks to enable more members, visitors and staff to cycle to the club/work.
Growing green together…
We are hugely excited to be part of the green movement in the South West.
Topsham Road, Exeter, EX2 7AE
Exeter Golf and Country Club is open every day except Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Our usual opening times are 6am until 10.30pm daily, with sports facilities closing at 10pm.
Give Us a Call
Call us a call for more information.